SPAIN | Intercambio en Madrid
10 DAYS / 8 NIGHTS
DAY 1: USA / SPAIN (Saturday)
- Fly overnight to Madrid, capital of Spain.
DAY 2: MADRID (Sunday)
- Welcome to Spain! A Forum Representative will greet you at the airport and help you board your private motor coach to transfer to your Spanish partner school.
- Upon arrival, have a short orientation and meet your pen pals.
- Start your exchange program. While living with a host-family, you will find out that Spanish is more than a textbook language. You will eat Spanish food, meet Spanish people and have an excellent opportunity to practice your Spanish in real-life situations.
DAY 3: SEGOVIA (Monday)
- After breakfast, travel by private motor coach to Segovia.
- On arrival, meet your local guide and take a Guided Walking Tour of Segovia. Visit the Alcázar – the city´s Moorish fortress, the Roman Aqueduct and Cathedral.
- Free time for lunch
- This afternoon, return to your host families for dinner and overnight accommodation.
DAY 4-5: EXCHANGE (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Attend school with your pen pals. Activities and workshops may be organized at the school during your visit (to be confirmed with the Spanish school).
DAY 6: TOLEDO (Thursday)
- Today, board your private motor coach to Toledo, historic capital of Castilla La Mancha.
- Start your day with a visit to a traditional sword workshop where you will learn how the metal is forged into elaborate weaponry. At the end of your visit you will have the opportunity to purchase souvenirs.
- Meet your local guide for a guided tour of Toledo. Enter Toledo’s monumental Cathedral, the spiritual heart of the Spanish Church.
- Visit the church of Santo Tomé to admire one of El Greco’s masterpieces: The Burial of the Count of Orgaz.
- Later, take some free time for lunch and to explore the city at your own pace, consider a stop at the Pasteleria Santo Tomé to taste the locally-made marzipan pastries.
DAY 7: EXCHANGE (Friday)
- Attend school with your pen pals. Activities and workshops may be organized at the school during your visit (to be confirmed with the French school).
DAY 8-9: WEEKEND WITH HOST FAMILIES (Saturday and Sunday)
- Spend Saturday and Sunday with your exchange partners and their families.
DAY 10: DEPART (Monday)
- After breakfast with your host families, say a fond “hasta pronto” to your Spanish hosts.
Meet a Forum representative and transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
Buen viaje y hasta luego!