Québec in Summer
DAY 1: USA | MONTRÉAL
- Fly to Montréal.
- Bienvenue dans La Belle Province! Your personal Forum Tour Manager will greet you upon arrival and remain with your group for the duration of your trip.
- Discover the picturesque charm of the Old Port on a guided walking tour of Old Montréal.
- Enter the Notre Dame Basilica and admire its majestic interior of sculpted wood, gold leaf and neo-Gothic architecture.
- Enjoy dinner at a local crêperie.
DAY 2: MONTRÉAL | QUÉBEC CITY
- After breakfast, visit the birthplace of Montréal. Le Musée Pointe à Callière, where a multimedia show and virtual figures make for a live, interactive experience exploring the city’s history.
- Next, stop at Montréal’s highest point, Mount Royal, for amazing panoramic views before heading to Québec City on your private bus.
- Upon arrival in Québec, enjoy a guided walking tour of Old Québec. Walk along the picturesque St-Louis Street and visit the oldest shopping district in North America!
- Enjoy dinner with your group at a local restaurant.
- In the evening, head to the Plains of Abraham and participate in “The Military,” an interactive workshop where you will follow in the footsteps of soldiers who fought in the Seven Years’ War.
DAY 3: QUÉBEC CITY
- In the morning, head to the Manoir Montmorency to enjoy breakfast with magnificent views of the waterfall and Ile D’Orléans.
- A few steps away, cross the suspension bridge over the spectacular waterfalls at Parc de la Chute Montmorency.
- Then, learn the art of breadmaking and enjoy a maple butter tasting at a local bakery.
- Next, discover the town of Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré, settled in 1650, and visit its superb Basilica.
- Afterward, enjoy the breathtaking views at Ste-Anne’s Canyon from its 200-foot-high suspension bridge!
- Return to Québec City and enjoy some free time in the enchanting Quartier du Petit-Champlain before dinner at a local restaurant.
DAY 4: QUÉBEC CITY
- Enjoy breakfast at Le Parlementaire restaurant, then learn about the innerworkings of the province of Québec on a tour of the Parliament of Quebec.
- After some free time for lunch, embark on a Dragon boat adventure on Lac-Beauport.
- Then, visit Onhoüa Chetek8e, a Huron Indian village where you will discover the ancestral Huron lifestyle and participate in a traditional music workshop.
- End your day with an authentic lumberjack dinner and folk music at a Cabane à sucre (sugar shack).
DAY 5: DEPART
- Enjoy traditional croissants and hot chocolate for breakfast.
- Then, transfer to the airport and say “au revoir” to your Forum Tour Manager before boarding your return flight.
What our teachers are saying
I am so pleased with this experience as it was my first time leading a trip. I am grateful to Forum for their expertise and understanding of the educational nature of the trip.
The trip was very well done and the students got great value for their money. I am sure that this experience will enhance their study of French. They learned a lot and had a great time! Thank you.