EUROPE | Discovering Portugal, Spain & France
13 DAYS / 11 NIGHTS
DAY 1: USA / LISBOA
- Fly overnight to Lisboa, Portugal.
DAY 2: LISBOA
- Welcome to Portugal! Meet your Forum Tour Director at the airport.
- Transfer by private bus to your centrally located hotel, check in and take a minute to freshen-up.
- Then, get to know your Tour director while enjoying dinner at a local restaurant.
- Overnight accommodation in Lisbon.
DAY 3: LISBOA / ALGEN / CASCAES
- Today, take a private bus and head for Algen. Stop to see the Tower of Belem. Built as a fortress in the 16th Century, it was the starting point for the navigators who set out to discover new trade routes, and became a symbol of Portugal’s great era of expansion.
- Next, enter the Mosteiro dos Jeronimos, a true symbol of the wealth of the age of discovery. Marvel at the tiled walls of the refectory, the delicate arches of the cloister, and the majestic tomb of Vasco da Gama.
- Continue on to Cascaes, built on an imposing coastal bay.
- Visit the Palácio de Conde de Castro Guimarães home to over 25,000 books and such rarities as an illustrated book by Duarte Galvão (1455-1517).
- Take some free time to walk through Cascais’s typical narrow streets, and see the traditional white houses and patterned pavements.
- Later in the afternoon, return to Lisbon for dinner and night accommodation.
DAY 4: LISBOA / SEVILLA
- Today, head up to The Castelo de Sao Jorge for a superb panoramic view over Lisbon.
- Next, take a walking tour of the old city, including the Rossio Square, Figueira Square, the Restauradores Monument, and the ruins of Carmo Church. Pass by the Santa Justa Elevator, made entirely of cast iron, it connects the Baixa (lower town) and the Bairro Alto (upper town). Enter the Sé, Lisbon’s Cathedral, famous for its rose window.
- Continue onto the Alfama district and take some free time to wander through its labyrinth-like streets.
- After an early lunch, board your private bus to Sevilla.
- Check in at your hotel and head for dinner in a local restaurant
DAY 5: SEVILLA / TARIFA
- After breakfast at your hotel, meet your local guide and discover Sevilla on a guided walking tour. See Plaza de España and Santa Cruz Quarter. Enter the Cathedral, see the Giralda Tower.
- Visit the Alcázar, this fascinating palace was the primary residence for 11 centuries’ worth of monarchs due to its architectural beauty.
- Learn more about Andalusian culture at the Museo del Baile Flamenco.
- Enjoy a tour followed by a Flamenco class (45min.).
- This afternoon, board your private bus to Tarifa and check-in at your hotel.
- Dinner with your group in a local restaurant.
DAY 6: MOROCCO / TARIFA / MÁLAGA
- This morning after breakfast, catch a ferry and cross the Mediterranean Sea over to Tangier, Morrocco.
- Spend the day in Tangier and explore the North African city.
- On arrival, enjoy a typical Morroccan lunch!
- After, visit the Kasbah museum. This museum is perfectly sited in Darel-Makhzen, the former sultan’s palace. Learn about the history of the area from prehistoric times to the 19th century.
- Later, get ready to ride a camel.
- At the end of the day, return by ferry to Tarifa where you will catch your private bus to Málaga, located in La Costa del Sol.
- Dinner and overnight accommodation in Málaga.
DAY 7: MÁLAGA
- After breakfast, visit the Alcazaba and Gibralfaro, a Moorish fortress built in the 8th century. Tour the ruins and see the partially excavated Roman Amphitheater.
- In the afternoon, tour the Picasso Museum, a museum devoted to Malaga’s most famous son. See its impressive collection donated by Picasso’s family.
- Have some free time for shopping and to discover the city at your own pace. Take a walk down to the beach and dip your feet in the Mediterranean Sea!
- Dinner with your group at a local restaurant.
- Night accommodation in Málaga.
DAY 8: MALAGA/ BARCELONA
- After breakfast, catch your train to Barcelona.
- On arrival, head to your centrally located hotel and drop your bags.
- Follow your Forum Director on a walking tour of the Barri Gotic, the medieval heart of Barcelona.
- Continue through Las Ramblas, the most famous street in Barcelona.
- For a taste of local life, let’s head to the city’s main food market: the glorious Mercat Sant Josep, known locally as La Boqueria!
- Later, get ready for learning how to prepare one of Spain’s most typical meals while participating in a Paella Cooking class! Take care on what you do as this will be your dinner!
- Night accommodation in Barcelona.
DAY 9: BARCELONA
- This morning, meet your local guide and discover some of Gaudi’s works in Barcelona. Start at the Paseo de Gracia and see Gaudi’s famous apartment buildings. Visit Casa Mila – La Pedrera.
- Then, visit Parc Guell – Gaudi’s “garden city” – a town unto itself with a view of the Mediterranean Sea. Have some free time for lunch and to discover the park.
- To finish your day of Gaudi’s creations, discover the astonishing Sagrada Familia, designed by Gaudí, and still under construction.
- Enjoy dinner with your group in a local restaurant
- After dinner, enjoy a Flamenco show!
DAY 10: BARCELONA / MARSEILLES
- After breakfast, catch your flight to Marseilles.
- Drop your bags at the hotel and head out to discover Marseilles with your Forum Tour Director.
- Enjoy free time for lunch.
- Visit the Chateau d’If. The fortress located on the island of If, it was in later years turned into a prison!
- Dinner and night accommodation in Marseilles.
DAY 11: MARSEILLES / CASSIS/ NICE
- After breakfast, board your private bus and drive to Cassis.
- Enjoy a Boat Ride and explore the spectacular “Calanques,“ steep limestone cliffs along the coast.
- In the afternoon, drive to Eze, a small charming Provençal village that offers a panoramic view of the sea and coastline.
- Visit Fragonard, a French Parfumerie, and learn the alchemical art of mixing ingredients to make classical perfumes
- Later, drive to Nice for dinner and night accommodation.
DAY 12: NICE / MONACO
- This morning after breakfast, board your train to the beautiful Principauté de Monaco, a Riviera gem.
- See Prince Rainer’s breath taking Palais du Prince where Grace Kelly once lived, and photograph the changing of the guard.
- Return to Nice in the afternoon and have the rest of the day at leisure to shop and explore the city at your own pace. Why not head down to the world famous Promenade des Anglais for a stroll along the famous beaches of Nice?
- Enjoy a farewell dinner with your Forum Tour Director in a local restaurant.
DAY 13: DEPART
- This morning after breakfast board your private bus and head to the airport in Nice to catch your flight home.
Bon voyage et à bientôt!