De los Andes a la Amazonia
DAY 1: USA | ECUADOR
- Fly to Quito. ¡Bienvenidos a Ecuador! Meet your Forum Tour Manager at the airport and transfer to your hotel.
DAY 2: QUITO
- After breakfast, explore Quito’s colonial center, one of the most well-preserved historic centers in the Americas. Learn about the city’s history and artistic legacy: the colonial architecture and “Quito School” art, with European and indigenous influences.
- Begin your tour at La Basílica del Voto Nacional, then experience the charm of Independence Plaza with its awe-inspiring Cathedral, Presidential Palace and Archbishop’s Palace.
- Next, visit the Church of La Compañia, considered to be one of the finest examples of Baroque architecture in Latin America.
- In the afternoon, head to the Mitad del Mundo – the invisible line known as the Equator. Be sure to stand with one foot in each hemisphere!
- Return to your hotel for dinner and night accommodation.
DAY 3: QUITO | PAPALLACTA | AHUANO
- Today, after breakfast, board your private bus to the Andean village of Papallacta in Ecuador’s Napo Province. Enjoy a scenic drive from Quito to Papallacta passing through several villages with spectacular views of the Andes.
- Arrive at Papallacta Thermal Springs, located near the entrance of the Cayambe-Coca Ecological Reserve. Surrounded by natural beauty, enjoy a soak in the tranquil natural hot springs.
- In the afternoon, follow the cinnamon route that the Spanish conqueror Francisco de Orellana took in search of El Dorado city.
- Arrive at Ahuano and continue by canoe to your lodge.
DAY 4: INDIGENOUS FAMILY VISIT | RESCUE CENTER
- After breakfast at your lodge, visit a local indigenous family that is part of the Amazon Kichwa nationality. Learn about their traditional way of life and some of their unique practices like the production of the Chica beverage, pottery and balsa handcrafts.
- In the afternoon, visit an animal rescue center for wounded and displaced tropical rainforest animals.
- Return to your lodge and learn how to prepare chocolate the artisanal way.
DAY 5: RAINFOREST HIKE | NAPO RIVER
- After breakfast, take a walking tour through the rainforest. Observe colorful species of birds and insects and a great variety of trees and medicinal plants.
- Along the way, test your balance crossing several hanging bridges.
- In the afternoon, navigate down the Arajuno and Napo rivers.
- Enjoy a fun evening learning traditional dances from local dancers.
- Night accommodation at your Amazon Lodge.
DAY 6: GOLD PANNING AND ARTISANAL FISHERY
- After breakfast at the lodge, participate in some of the artisanal work done by locals including gold panning and fishery.
- Return to Quito in the afternoon.
- Enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel in Quito.
DAY 7: DEPART
- After breakfast, say a fond “hasta luego” to your Tour Manager and transfer to the airport for your flight home.
What our teachers are saying
The entire experience was amazing! So many fun activities were planned by the staff of Prometours, which made it simple for us, as teachers, to just pack our bags and go! The students had the best time in Ecuador and the families that we stayed with went above and beyond in their care of our…