Exchange in Zaragoza
DAY 1: USA | SPAIN
- Fly overnight to Madrid.
DAY 2: MADRID | ZARAGOZA
- ¡Bienvenidos a España! A Forum Representative will greet you at the airport and help you board your private bus to Zaragoza.
- Upon arrival in Zaragoza, meet your host families and your exchange partners.
- Start your exchange program. While living with a host family, you’ll be fully immersed in the Spanish lifestyle as you attend school with your exchange partner and experience life as a true local.
- Spend your first evening getting to know your host family.
DAY 3 – 4: EXCHANGE PROGRAM
- Attend school with your exchange partner.
- Activities and workshops may be organized at the school during your visit (to be confirmed with the Spanish school).
DAY 5 – 6: WEEKEND WITH HOST FAMILY
- Spend the weekend with your exchange partner and host family.
DAYS 7 – 8: EXCHANGE PROGRAM
- Attend school with your exchange partner. Activities and workshops may be organized at the school during your visit.
DAY 9: ZARAGOZA | MADRID
- This morning, say a fond “¡Adiós!” to your exchange partners and host families before boarding your private bus to Madrid.
- Upon arrival, follow your Forum Tour Manager on a walking tour of Madrid. Discover the Plaza de España and its Cervantes monument, the Puerta del Sol, the lively Gran Vía, and the trendy Calle de Alcalá.
- Walk to the charming Plaza de la Villa, the heart of “Madrid de los Austrias,” which includes the 16th century palace, Casa de Cisneros, and the Casa de la Villa, designed by Juan Gómez de Mora in the 17th century.
- Then, enjoy some free time for lunch in the 350-acre Parque del Retiro, Madrid’s largest park originally intended as a playground for royalty.
- In the afternoon, take a guided tour of the Museo Nacional del Prado. Admire the masterpieces by El Greco, Goya and Velázquez, including Las Meninas.
- Enjoy a traditional madrileño dinner in the city center.
- Night accommodation in Madrid.
DAY 10: DAY TRIP TO TOLEDO
- This morning, after breakfast at your hotel, take the train to Toledo, Spain’s medieval capital. The history of Toledo dates back to the Roman occupation (Toletum) circa 192 BCE, and the ruins of the Roman circus are still visible just outside the walls of the city.
- Meet your local guide for a walking tour through the impressive historic quarter that still has the same layout as it had in the Middle Ages.
- Enter Toledo’s monumental Cathedral, the spiritual heart of the Spanish Church.
- After some free time for lunch, try the Toledo Zipline, the longest urban zipline in Europe, for a unique view of the walled city.
- In the evening, return to Madrid to enjoy the sounds and colors of Spain at a Flamenco dinner show.
DAY 11: DEPART
- Today, transfer to the airport by private bus and board your return flight home.
What our teachers are saying
We had a great time! We would definitely like to start organizing again for next year.
Overall the trip was great. The students loved España and really enjoyed living la vida española. The host teachers were great.