Greece & Italy for Latin Students
DAY 1: USA | GREECE
- Fly overnight to Athens, Greece.
DAY 2: ATHENS
- Your Forum Tour Manager will meet you at the airport – “Gia sou!”
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and drop off your luggage.
- Join your Tour Manager for a walk through the Roman Agora. See the Gate of Athena Archegetis, the Fethiye (Victory) Mosque, and the Tower of the Winds (Aerides).
- Enjoy a typical Greek dinner with your group.
DAY 3: THREE ISLAND CRUISE
- After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to Piraeus Port.
- Embark on a three-island cruise. Don’t miss the beautiful 5th-century B.C. Temple of Aphaia, the pistachio orchards in Aegina, the grand 18th-century mansions surrounding the harbor of Hydra, and the picturesque back streets of Poros.
- Enjoy a swim in the crystal clear waters before lunch on board your boat!
- Head back to Athens and get ready for a Bouzouki night – experience true Greek culture while dining on local dishes and dancing to traditional Greek folk songs.
DAY 4 : ATHENS | DELPHI
- After breakfast, meet your local guide for a bus tour of Athens including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Royal Palace, the Panathenaic Olympic Stadium, and the Temple of Zeus.
- Then, visit the ancient sites of the Parthenon and the Erechtheum at the Acropolis.
- Lunch with your group at a local restaurant.
- Next, depart for Delphi.
- Enjoy an authentic Greek dinner with your group and night accommodation in Delphi.
DAY 5 : DELPHI | OVERNIGHT FERRY
- After breakfast, discover the many archaelogical treasures at the Delphi Museum, such as the unique bronze Charloteer, and visit the Temple of Apollo, erected on the remains of an earlier temple that was destroyed by an earthquake in 373 BC.
- After lunch with your group, transfer by bus to Patras.
- Later, say “Efxaristo!” to your Greek Tour Manager before boarding your overnight ferry to Italy.
DAY 6 : BARI | POMPEII | SORRENTO
- Benevenuti in Italia! Pull into the port of Bari, where you will meet your Italian Forum Tour Manager.
- Transfer by private bus to Pompeii. A once thriving, “modern” city under the Roman Empire, Pompeii was destroyed by the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Buried deep under ashes and pumice for centuries, its streets and houses reamin nearly the same as they were the day of the eruption.
- Later continue to Sorrento.
- Upon arrival, check in at your hotel and enjoy an authentic Italian dinner.
DAY 7: ROME
- After breakfast, depart for Rome, the capital of Italy.
- Upon arrival, check in to your hotel, then wander through the main streets and squares of Rome; see the Piazza Navona, the Pantheon and the Piazza di Spagna.
- This afternoon, discover Imperial Rome on a walking tour with your local guide. See the ancient splendors of the Foro Romano.
- Then visit the famous Colosseo, an amazing feat of engineering with a capacity of 50,000 spectators.
- Enjoy dinner at a local trattoria.
- After dinner, head to the Fontana di Trevi. Throw a coin into the fountain to ensure you will one day return to Rome!
- Finish off the day with some Italian gelato and night accommodation in Rome.
DAY 8: ROME
- After breakfast, meet your local guide and enter the Vatican City.
- Visit the Musei Vaticani and view Raphael’s amazing murals. Walk through the Tapestry Gallery before entering the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel.
- Visit the Basilica di San Pietro designed by Michelangelo in 1593. Enjoy the spectacular views of St. Peter’s Square, the Vatican City and Rome.
- This afternoon, visit the Capitoline Museum, the result of the donation of a collection of valuable bronzes by Pope Sixtus IV in 1471 to the citizens of Rome.
- Admire the beautifully illuminated monuments on your way to dinner in Trastevere, the picturesque old quarter of Rome. Thanks to its unique character of narrow cobblestone streets lined by medieval houses, this neighborhood has attracted artists, foreign expats, and celebrities.
DAY 9: DEPART
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your return flight home. Say “Arrivederci!” to your Forum Tour Manager and board your flight home.
What our teachers are saying
The students had an excellent time. Dimitri was very knowledgeable, calm and very, very helpful. The trip was very well organized with no “hiccups.” Food was outstanding. Thank you to everyone who made the trip possible.
As usual, we had an amazing trip. Our students made memories which they will never forget.