ITALY | La Dolce Vita
9 DAYS / 7 NIGHTS
DAY 1: USA / ROME
- Fly overnight to Rome, the capital of Italy.
DAY 2: ROME
- Benvenuto a Italia! Your Forum Tour Manager will greet you at the airport and will remain with your group for the length of your stay.
- Transfer to your hotel for check in.
- Dinner at your hotel.
DAY 3: ROME
- This morning after breakfast, meet your local guide and head to the Colosseum – a masterpiece of classical architecture where fights between men and beasts, gladiatorial contests, races and mock naval battles took place. An ingenious system of ramps and trap doors provided access to the arena.
- While in Rome, travel as the locals do – by foot and metro!
- Next, visit the remains of the Foro Romano (Roman Forum), the focal point of the Roman world and one of the greatest archeological sites in the world today.
- Later, wander through some of the main streets and squares of Rome with your Forum Tour Manager, taking in the Fontana di Trevi and the Piazza di Spagna with the famous Spanish Steps. Follow superstition and throw a coin into the fountain to ensure that one day you will return to Rome.
- Tonight, enjoy an entertaining dinner show at Tanagra Caffe Concerto.
- Night accommodation in Rome.
DAY 4: ROME
- After breakfast, follow your tour director to the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, Christendom’s earliest basilica and home of the Popes for a thousand years.
- Later, stroll through the narrow streets of the Eternal City and discover the Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori.
- Next, meet your local guide for a tour of the Vatican City. Visit the Musei Vaticani and view Raffael’s amazing murals, see the Tapestry Gallery.
- If time pemits, maybe shop the fashionable boutiques along the Via Condotti or simply relax at a sidewalk café with your group.
- Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
- After dinner, take a 2h night bus tour of Rome. Discover the ancient city by the night its night light splendor.
DAY 5: ROME / ASSISI / FLORENCE
- This morning, board your private bus and depart for Assisi.
- Stop for lunch at a farmhouse in route to the beautiful medieval town of Assisi.
- Once in Assisi, visit the Basilica di San Francesco with its impressive frescoes from the 13th and 14th Century.
- Walk to Santa Chiara to admire the Byzantine Crucifix that spoke to St-Francis.
- If time permits, discover more of the town of Assisi with your group.
- Continue on to Florence for dinner at your hotel and night accommodation.
DAY 6: FLORENCE
- After breakfast, meet your local guide for a visit of the Galleria Degli Uffizi, one of the finest art museums in the world.
- Walk to Ponte Vecchio and browse the jewellery shops along this famous bridge.
- After lunch, see Florence’s famous Cathedral: Il Duomo and Ghiberti’s famous bronze doors of the Baptistery.
- Next, enter the Galleria Dell’Accademia, containing Michelangelo’s monumental figure of David.
- Visit the Loggia del Mercato Nuovo, famous for leather goods.
- Enjoy dinner with your group in a local restaurant.
- Night accommodation in Florence.
DAY 7: VENICE
- After an early breakfast, transfer to the train station and board the train to Venice.
- Upon arrival in Venice, check in to your hotel and have some time to freshen up.
- Next, enjoy a guided tour of the historical center. See the Piazza San Marco, the Palazzo Ducale, Ponte die Zoospore and Ponte di Rialto and visit the magnificent St. Mark´s Basilica.
- Dinner and night accommodation in Venice.
DAY 8: VENICE
- After breakfast, board a Vaporetto and cruise to the island of Murano to watch a Glass Blowing Demonstration by Venecian artisans.
- This afternoon, visit Ca’ Macana, one of the oldest mask making studios in Venice. Enjoy a guided tour of the workshop then make your own carnival masks!
- At the end of the day, enjoy a gondola ride (6 passengers per gondola).
- Enjoy a farewell dinner in typical Italian fashion!
DAY 9: DEPART VENICE / USA
- After breakfast transfer to the airport in Venice and return to USA.