La Normandie et Paris
DAY 1: USA | FRANCE
- Fly overnight to Paris, France.
DAY 2: PARIS | ARROMANCHES | CAEN
- Bienvenue en France! Meet your Forum Tour Manager at the airport, then board your private bus to Normandy.
- After a stop for lunch, visit the Musée du Débarquement to learn about the incredible story behind the D-Day landings.
- Continue to Coleville-sur-mer. Pay tribute to the 9,386 fallen Americans at the World War II Normandy American Cemetery and lay a wreath of flowers to honor their memory on behalf of your school.
- Next, explore the bunkers and craters near the Pointe du Hoc Ranger Memorial, commemorating the heroic raid by the American Second Ranger Battalion.
- End your day with dinner in the town of Caen, founded by William the Conqueror.
DAY 3: MONT SAINT-MICHEL | SAINT-MALO
- After breakfast, drive to the 1000 year-old Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel. Built atop a rock surrounded by sea and sand, this masterpiece of medieval architecture is one of the most mesmerizing sights in Europe.
- Continue to the charming port town of Saint-Malo. For great views of the area, follow the one-mile walk around the high, sturdy ramparts that encircle the town, then explore the narrow cobbled street and seafood specialties waiting to be discovered in the walled city!
- Dinner and night accommodation in Saint-Malo.
DAY 4: SAINT-MALO | PARIS
- After breakfast, board your private bus to Paris.
- Upon arrival, stroll down the famous Champs Elysées.
- Climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and admire the view.
- Dinner and night accommodation in Paris.
DAY 5: PARIS
- After breakfast at your hotel, visit the magnificent Musée d´Orsay and see its extensive collection of 19th – and 20th -century paintings and sculptures housed in a former railway station.
- Enjoy some free time for lunch on the Île de la Cité.
- See the iconic Cathédrale Notre-Dame.
- Later, wander through the Jardin du Luxembourg before dinner in the lively Quartier Latin.
DAY 6: PARIS | VERSAILLES
- This morning after breakfast, travel by RER train to Versailles.
- Walk in the footsteps of Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette on a guided tour of the Château de Versailles. See the opulent Grand Apartments, the Opera, and the Hall of Mirrors.
- Afterward, enjoy the elegantly landscaped gardens.
- To complete your visit, take the petit train and head to Marie-Antoinette´s “rustic” retreat at the Trianon Palaces.
- In the evening, enjoy a concert at Le Zenith!
- Return to Paris for dinner and night accommodation.
DAY 7: PARIS
- After breakfast, visit a French Lycée (high school) and discover what school life is like in Paris.
- Next, step into the kitchen of a local boulangerie to see how the famous French croissants are made (includes tasting!), then choose from one of their mouth-watering sandwiches for lunch.
- In the afternoon, take a guided tour of the Palais Garnier, Paris´ iconic opera house and the inspiration for Leroux’s The Phantom of the Opera.
- Enjoy dinner at a local crêperie.
- Follow your Tour Manager on an evening stroll of illuminated Paris before returning to your hotel.
DAY 8: PARIS
- Today, explore Philippe Auguste´s Musée du Louvre and the Richelieu Wing, furnished entirely in the Second Empire style. See the galleries´ masterpieces, including the breathtaking Mona Lisa.
- Walk through the Place du Trocadéro for a striking view of the Eiffel Tower.
- Then, board a glass-topped bateau mouche and enjoy a refreshing cruise on the Seine River.
- Later in the afternoon, head up to Montmartre.
- Climb the steps to reach the Sacré-Cœur, Montmartre’s hilltop church and take in the panoramic views of the city.
- After exploring the enchanting streets where artists like Van Gogh and Picasso once trod, enjoy a farewell musical dinner with your group.
- Return to your hotel for night accommodation.
DAY 9: DEPART
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your return flight home.
A bientôt et bon voyage!
What our teachers are saying
This was my first time ever traveling with a group, and it was one of the best vacations I have personally ever taken. Door to door service and safe travels with a larger group – I never had a concern. From the hotels, meals, metro and tram, bus and plane travel, this was an amazing…
Monia was wonderful navigating us in and out with huge crowds. She was exceptionally solicitous of our students… she showed us parts of Montmartre that I hadn’t seen for a long time,and the students were delighted.