FRANCE | PARIS & LA NORMANDIE
8 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS
DAY 1: USA / PARIS
- Fly overnight to Paris.
DAY 2: PARIS – ROUEN
- Welcome to France! On arrival in Paris, your French Forum Tour Manager will greet you at the airport and remain with you during your trip.
- Continue your journey towards Rouen, the capital of Lower Normandy and a wealth of artistic delights.
- Upon arrival in Rouen, check in to your hotel.
- Spend the rest of the afternoon discovering the city with your Tour Manager. Walk through the narrow streets of the Old Town and see the magnificent Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Rouen, immortalized by Monet in his paintings.
- Dinner and night accommodation in Rouen.
DAY 3: COLEVILLE – ARROMANCHES – BAYEUX
- After breakfast, head towards Coleville in Haute-Normandie.
- During a private service, pay tribute to the 9,386 fallen Americans at the World War II Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial and lay a wreath of flowers to honour their memory on behalf of your school.
- After free time for lunch, drive to Arromanches-les-Bains.
- Make a stop at the Pointe du Hoc Ranger Memorial, commemorating the heroic raid of the American Second Ranger Battalion and the forces involved in the Normandy landings.
- Upon arrival in Arromanches, discover the coast where one of the most important operations of World War II took place. Visit the Musée du Débarquement where you will learn about the D-Day landings.
- Later, continue on to Bayeux and check in to your hotel.
- Dinner and night accommodation in Bayeux.
DAY 4: SAINTE-MÈRE-EGLISE – SAINT-MALO
- This morning after breakfast, visit the famous Tapestry of Bayeux, dating back to the 11th century.
- Drive on to Sainte-Mère-Eglise, the first French town to be liberated from German occupation during World War II.
- Enjoy some free time for lunch. Take a walk around the main square and see the church where an American paratrooper was stranded during the D-Day offensive.
- Visit the Airborne Museum. You will see tanks, airplanes and personal items from World War II and get to experience the events of the operation in the scarily realistic simulator rooms.
- Later, visit the store of Normandy’s famous biscuits, La Biscuiterie de Sainte- Mère-Eglise, with a wide range of local delicacies and vintage products at offer.
- Drive to Saint-Malo for dinner and night accommodation.
DAY 5: MONT-SAINT-MICHEL
- After breakfast, drive to the 1000 year-old Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel. This masterpiece of architecture is considered as the 8th wonder of the world.
- Free time for lunch with your group.
- This afternoon, drive back to Paris.
- Upon arrival, check in to your hotel and take some time to freshen up.
- Have dinner with your group in a Parisian restaurant.
- Night accommodation in Paris.
DAY 6: PARIS
- After breakfast, explore Philippe Auguste’s Musée du Louvre and see the galleries’ masterpieces, including the iconic Mona Lisa.
- Later, spend some time discovering the famous Quartier Latin and the Jardin du Luxembourg.
- After lunch on your own, discover La Ville Lumière from the third floor of the Eiffel Tower.
- Later, board a glass-topped bateau mouche and enjoy a refreshing cruise on the Seine River.
- Dinner and night accommodation in Paris.
DAY 7: PARIS
- After breakfast, head to the Musée d´Orsay to see its extensive collection of 19th and 20th century art.
- Next, visit the gothic Cathédrale Notre-Dame.
- Take a refreshing walk to stretch your legs on the Champs-Élysées. Climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and enjoy a wonderful view of the city.
- Spend the remainder of the day in “la Butte”: Montmartre.
- Climb the steps to reach the Sacré-Coeur, Montmartre´s hilltop church and its most famous landmark.
- Enjoy a farewell musical dinner with your group at La Bonne Franquette.
DAY 8: DEPART
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport to catch your flight back home.
Bon voyage et à bientôt!