Exchange in Rennes & Paris Tour
DAY 1: USA | FRANCE
- Fly overnight to Paris.
DAY 2: PARIS
- Bienvenue en France! Your Forum Tour Manager will greet you at the airport and will stay with you during your stay in Paris!
- Transfer to your centrally-located hotel and drop off your bags.
- Stroll down the most famous avenue of the capital, the Champs-Elysées. Climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe to admire the view. See the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Afterward, board a glass-topped bateau mouche (riverboat) and enjoy a refreshing cruise on the Seine River.
- Return to your hotel to freshen up before dinner.
- Dinner in a typical Brasserie Parisienne.
DAY 3: PARIS
- This morning, see the Gothic Cathédrale Notre-Dame.
- A short distance away, enter the Sainte-Chapelle, another Gothic masterpiece.
- After, visit a local boulangerie and learn how the famous French baguettes are made (includes tasting)! Choose from one of their mouth-watering sandwiches for lunch.
- This afternoon, pick up your rental bikes and head out on a guided bike tour of Paris. See all the famous sites and learn some surprising history as you explore the capital on two wheels.
- Have dinner at a local crêperie .
- Tonight, walk through le Trocadéro and view “la Ville Lumière” from the third floor of the Eiffel Tower.
DAY 4: PARIS | RENNES
- After breakfast, take a guided tour of the Musée du Louvre, the world´s largest art museum, featuring Da Vinci´s iconic Mona Lisa.
- After some free time for lunch, transfer to the train station and board a high speed TGV train to Rennes.
- Upon arrival meet your host family and start your exchange program.
DAYS 5-10: EXCHANGE PROGRAM
- After breakfast, attend school with your exchange partner. Activities may be organized at the school during your visit (to be confirmed with the French school).
- Return home for dinner with your host family.
DAY 11: PARIS
- Today, say a fond “au revoir!” to your exchange partners and board a high speed TGV train to Paris.
- Upon arrival, your Forum Tour Manager will greet you at the train station.
- Transfer to your hotel in Paris and drop off your bags.
- Visit the Musée d´Orsay, housed in a former railway station, to see its extensive collection of art from the 19th and 20th century.
- After, head to the lively Latin Quarter. Visit the Sorbonne University, the Pantheon, and the Luxembourg gardens.
- Later in the day, head to the highest point in the city, Montmartre (known locally as La Butte). Climb the steps to reach the Sacré-Cœur, Montmartre’s hilltop church and most famous landmark.
- Enjoy a farewell dinner music show at La Bonne Franquette.
DAY 12: DEPART
- Transfer to the airport for your flight back to the USA.
French Exchange testimonial
“Thank you for a wonderful experience Forum!! We are grateful for you making this exchange possible and partnering schools across the globe. Giving students authentic cultural homestays is a gift of a lifetime.”
Teacher from Benicia, CA