Senegal Student Tour
9 days / 7 nights
DAY 1: USA | SENEGAL
- Fly overnight to Dakar, Senegal.
DAY 2: DAKAR| LAC ROSE
- Bienvenue au Senegal! Your Tour Manager will greet you at the airport and help you board your bus to Lac Rose.
DAY 3: PILOT VILLAGE | LAC ROSE
- This morning, visit a pilot village in Deni Biram Ndao dedicated to helping homeless youth reintegrate into society.
- In the afternoon, visit the stunning, pink-tinged waters of Lac Rose and learn about the salt extraction process.
- Return to your hotel for dinner and night accommodation.
Day 4 – GUELAKH | ST. LOUIS
- After breakfast, visit Guelakh village, where you will learn about their ecological farming techniques and visit the primary school.
- Enjoy a traditional Senegalese lunch in the village, then participate in a batik workshop conducted by the women of the village.
- In the afternoon, head to St. Louis for a guided walking tour and visit the fishing district of Guet Ndar.
- Dinner and night accommodation in St. Louis.
Day 5 – DJOUDJ NATIONAL PARK | ST. LOUIS
- Start your day with a boat safari through the Djoudj National Bird Sanctuary, a blooming wetland that offers food and safety to thousands of migratory birds.
- Return to St. Louis to explore the Old Town, where colonial-era hotels rub shoulders with mosques, temples and churches.
- Dinner and night accommodation at your hotel.
Day 6 – LOMPOUL DESERT
- After breakfast, head to the beautiful Lompoul Desert, where orange dunes pop out against a clear blue African sky.
- Enjoy lunch together in a tented restaurant.
- Later, follow your local guide on foot to visit a nearby village, where you will meet with farmers and local cattle breeders.
- Take in the spectacular sunset before enjoying a traditional Méchoui dinner followed by a Djembe (West African drum) workshop with traditional Senegalese songs and dances.
- Night accommodation at the desert camp.
Day 7 – DAKAR | GORÉE ISLAND
- After breakfast, return to Dakar and board a ferry to Gorée Island. With no cars, the island’s preserved fortresses, slave houses, and colonial mansions stand still in time as a sobering reminder of what was once the largest slave-trading center on the West African coast. Visit the House of Slaves Museum and Memorial.
- Dinner and night accommodation on the island.
Day 8 – DAKAR
- In the morning, return to Dakar for a city tour, including the Medina, before visiting the Village des Arts.
- After lunch, travel to Palmarin, a lush little gem nestled between the ocean and cities, for dinner and night accommodation.
Day 9 – BANDIA WILDLIFE RESERVE | DEPART
- This morning, see rhinoceros, giraffes, zebras, and more on a wildlife safari at the Bandia Private Reserve.
- Later, head to La Somone, a small fisherman village and enjoy lunch at the beach.
- In the afternoon, transfer to the airport and say “au revoir” to your Senegalese Tour Manager before boarding your flight home.