DAY 1: USA | SPAIN
- Fly overnight to Málaga, Spain.
DAY 2: MÁLAGA | GRANADA
- ¡Bienvenidos a España! Your Spanish Forum Tour Manager will greet you at the airport in Málaga.
- Board your private bus to Granada.
- Dinner and night accommodation in Granada.
DAY 3: GRANADA
- After breakfast, visit the magnificent Alhambra. Enjoy a guided tour through the Alcazaba (the fort), the Generalife (gardens), Charles V´s palace and the Nasrid Palaces.
- Have some free time for lunch.
- In the afternoon, wander through the Albaycín quarter’s winding, narrow streets and up “La Calle de las Teterias,” lined with tea rooms.
- Arrive at the Mirador San Nicolás and admire the breathtaking views of the Alhambra palace and the Sierra Nevada Mountains in the distance.
- Dinner with your group at a local restaurant.
DAY 4 : DAY TRIP TO CÓRDOBA
- After breakfast at your hotel, board your private bus to Córdoba, founded by the Romans in 152 BC. Once the capital of the Moorish Kingdom, Al-Andalus, the city was a thriving center of art, culture and knowledge in the Western World during the Middle Ages.
- Meet your local guide and visit the dazzling Mezquita, an 8th century mosque, one of the most fascinating examples of Spanish Muslim Art.
- Then, discover the Jewish Quarter made up of a network of narrow streets with white-washed façades adorned with tiles and grills. In this district you will find the Plala de las Flores, the house of the Duques de Medina Sidonia, and the Synagogue, the only one that remains in the city.
- In the evening, return to Granada for dinner and night accommodation.
DAY 5 : GRANADA | ALFARNATE | SEVILLE
- Start your day with a visit to a local school. Practice your Spanish while making new friends!
- Then, pick up your luggage at your hotel and board your bus to Seville.
- En route, stop to visit the beautiful white-washed village of Alfarnate. Tour an olive oil factory, then enjoy lunch in a local family’s home.
- Continue on to Seville where upon arrival, you will check in to your hotel and enjoy some free time for dinner.
- Night accommodation in Seville.
DAY 6: SEVILLE
- After breakfast at your hotel, enjoy a guided tour of Seville.
- Start at the Real Alcázar, the palace, fortress and residence of both Moorish and Christian rulers for 11 centuries. Then, visit the magnificent Seville Cathedral, the largest Gothic cathedral in the world.
- Climb to the top of the Giralda, a minaret built in the 12th century. Also, explore the city´s enchanting Plaza de España.
- After some free time for lunch, learn more about Andalusian culture with a visit to the Flamenco Museum and take a private flamenco dance class.
- Tonight, enjoy dinner with your group at a local restaurant.
DAY 7: SEVILLE | MÁLAGA
- After breakfast, enjoy a free morning to discover Seville at your own pace.
- Next, transfer to Málaga to check in to your hotel and tour the city with your Tour Manager.
- Start at the Plaza de la Merced where you will see Picasso’s birthplace. Then, admire the ruins of the partially-excavated Roman Amphitheater, and Málaga´s Renaissance cathedral.
- Enjoy a paella dinner in a “chiringuito,” a beachside restaurant.
- Night accommodation in Málaga.
DAY 8: DEPART
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your return flight home.
What our teachers are saying
We had a wonderful trip again this year. Sharmila makes the planning exceptionally easy. She is so responsive and accommodating! In Spain, everything always runs like clockwork. We feel very lucky with how well planned out the trip is. We will definitely travel with Forum again!
Thank you again for helping make this trip happen and guiding me along the way. This was my first time planning a trip and there was a lot more that went into it than what I expected. The Forum Tour Managers did a good job of helping me learn what my responsibilities as a Group…